Tuesday 13 November 2012

Crash and Burn (Mr Keep Calm's Woman Scorned Remix) for Music Technology BTEC

Crash and Burn (Mr Keep Calm's Woman Scorned Remix)

My first completed bit of coursework. I've since gone onto better things but for a first attempt it was not bad. I got a distinction so it must be ok. It's a remix of Nadia Ali's Crash & Burn and is radically different to the original which you can find on Youtube.

My remix is pretty different and changes the 4/4 timing to 3/4 and then is a somewhat complicated patchwork of highly edited audio (using cuts, timestretching and flex time) alongside midi editing. The bassline is gated side chained to the hi-hat.

I hope you like it and I hope the artist likes it (if they ever hear it! I must knock up a video and put it on youtube).

If anything, looking back on it a year later or so, its not mixed that well and its not mastered very well but there are some good ideas here and as I set to destroy the original I did complete my mission.

Feel free to share the links around

https://soundcloud.com/mr-keep-calm/crash-and-burn-mr-keep-calms

No comments:

Post a Comment