Tuesday 15 April 2014

An unused article for the local press...

Well, as this blog will cover everything I do with sound, music, media, video games, video making etc that its only right I should pop this on here.

In my local area there is a magazine called The Basis and I've submitted an article for it. However, when I did the first one, I also did the one below, but was told they tend not to do retrospective articles. So, in order not to waste anything, and maybe get the event some publicity for spending the time talking to me, here it is in its unpublished form.

If it's not your thing, don't worry as links to my other media related work will be coming soon. 

This piece was just so I had something to give them to see if I was capable of writing stuff. They liked the other one, about the Yeast Scrap Store, so that, I think, is going in. I was practicing as I passed my media degree (2.1 in case your'e wondering) in 2000 and my skills are a little rusty. I've written for the Western Gazette (video game reviews and news) and for Official Playstation, Official Playstation 2 and PC101 magazines in the past as well as a host of website stuff for various people and press releases for my events and my own music. 

I've recently written a piece (25,000 words) on "Are Videogames Art?" which I hope to unleash on the public soon-ish.

Feedback and comments are always appreciated. Thanks!


RED BRICK BUILDING SPRING ART FAIR

The first Spring Art Fair was held at the Red Brick Building in Glastonbury on Sunday the 6th April.

Featuring 30 artists traders with a wide range of art disciplines, this was the first of what is hoped will become a regular event. The event was organised by Laura Sorensen and her team of volunteers from the Red Brick Building. She is planning an art show for each season.

The tables were sold to each artist and the proceeds of this will go to building improvements. The relaxed atmosphere saw a steady footfall throughout the day and there was an appreciation of the art, textiles, glasswork and other discplines on display.

Organiser Laura Sorensen spoke about the day.

“We’re very grateful to the artists for supporting the Red Brick Building and its lovely to see all their work. The quality and range is fantastic and its great to see the public chatting about the pieces”

Some exhibitors used the event to advertising courses and take commissions and it provided a great advertising opportunity as well as a chance to sell work and talk to art lovers.

For details on future art events contact:

redbrickart@gmail.com









No comments:

Post a Comment